Monday, October 27, 2014

Millennial in the Making

I want to start this blog because I want to talk about what it's like being a millennial. Not the millennial that most people think about: the stereotypical "woe is me the job market sucks and I can't get a full-time job in my field" millennial. Personally, I have never met this millennial. Instead, I want to talk about my kind of millennial: the twenty/early thirtysomething year old who is spending their life moving around, trying to find a job and find their way, and is taking their hardships in stride. I am going to talk about the millennials who have found the economic crash and dwindling job market to be a burden, but not a roadblock.

I also want to talk about what it's like to be a millennial nowadays. From dealing with the negative stereotype of not growing up as fast as the Baby Boomers did to having to constantly change your life to make ends meet, trying to make friends once you're no longer in school, making the decision to go back to school, and learning to be an adult at a snail's pace (side dishes with dinner -- what is that?).I want to talk about what it's like to be a female millennial and the political and social pressures many millennials face.

This post, however, is just to say welcome! I hope as you follow this blog you find it insightful, but, most importantly, entertaining. Please feel free to leave me comments or shoot me a message.




No comments:

Post a Comment